About the Course
Discover the seamless flow of Continental knitting with Wool & Pine's "Continental Knitting Technique" Workshop. This detailed 2- hour class, open to 15 knitting enthusiasts, offers a comprehensive dive into the Continental style, often celebrated for its fluidity and speed. Selena, Wool & Pine’s co-creator, extends a warm invitation to all, regardless of prior knitting style, to explore and master the Continental approach.
Selena's instruction will be focused on helping participants understand the nuances of holding the yarn and achieving the 'picking' technique characteristic of Continental knitting. Ideal for anyone interested in learning a new method or refining their skills, this workshop will cover everything from creating your first stitch to managing tension with finesse.
Participants will engage in hands-on practice, transitioning smoothly between knit and purl stitches, and gaining the confidence to integrate this technique into various knitting projects. Selena's patient and clear teaching style ensures a supportive atmosphere for learning and perfecting Continental knitting.
Whether you're a seasoned knitter looking to switch things up or a beginner eager to start on the right foot, Selena's "Continental Knitting Technique" Workshop will offer you the tools and techniques to transform your knitting practice. Sign up to embrace the elegance and efficiency of Continental knitting and let every loop and stitch flow with ease and precision.
- Detailed instructional handouts with step-by-step videos of Continental knitting techniques.
- A curated selection of practice patterns to apply new skills immediately.
Materials for students to bring:
- Yarn of choice, preferably in a light color to easily see stitches.
- Suitable knitting needles for the chosen yarn (suggested size: US 5-7).
- Openness to learning a new knitting method.
- Basic knitting skills, such as cast on, knit, and purl.
- Fundamentals of Continental knitting, including yarn hold and tension.
- Techniques for efficient and effortless Continental knit and purl stitches.
- Strategies for minimizing hand strain and maximizing knitting rhythm.
- Application of Continental knitting to various stitch patterns and projects.
- Personalized tips and tricks for smooth, even stitches and gauge consistency.
Wool & Pine